Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Art Books I Reccommend

I love to read to my students as a way of teaching them art history. Here are some really cool books, and I'll share with you how I use them.

When Pigasso Met Mootisse by Nina Laden- I have an entire unit I do with Picasso and Matisse. I use the book to kick start the unit and explain the relationship between these two artists.

One Day In Japan with Hokusai by Julia Altman- This book is filled with gorgeous illustrations and many of Hokusai's most famous works. I would use this in May during Pacific Islander month to accompany our fish sculptures, printmaking, and paper weaving kimonos.

Pablo Picasso: Breaking All the Rules- This book is part of a series based on written reports by real kids that were published. Kids love this book, and the fact that it was created by someone their age. I have one on Matisse as well.

No comments: